insert stuff from annual report
End-to-end project services
We deliver energy projects of all shapes and sizes, from the moment you have an idea through to completion. Our expertise is across energy and financial modelling, project management, procurement, technology diligence and the complex regulatory environment for energy markets, which means if it has something to do with energy, we have you covered.
our social mission
We are more than a business, we are a certified social enterprise and B Corp, and bring our sense of social justice to every project. We invest (our profit and time) to create training and employment opportunities for those in need, targeting youth at risk of homelessness and the long term unemployed. Our preferred social investment model is to enhance the capacity (using cash or in-kind support) of specific individuals and organisations that demonstrate high levels of motivation and capability, trusting them to deliver on their promise.
DIGITAL ECONOMY MEETS CLEAN ENERGY
Energy for the People has developed a reputation for lean innovation, creating two unique platforms and brands that accelerate uptake of clean energy:
some things we are proud of
- Initiated and delivered the first major roll out of solar power (120kW across 20 buildings) on social housing assets in Victoria, many of them in a heritage overlay and/or listed buildings, owned by the State Government. Combined with LED lighting and tariff re-negotiation, the project achieved a 3.5 year payback on capital.
- Helped bring to life and execute Australia's largest solar system (99kW), crowdfunded using donations and rewards, with The Abbotsford Convent.
- In less than two weeks, assessed the viability of Tyalgum (a town of 120 households) going off-grid while developing a executable project plan for realising their project vision. Read more "in the news"(links).
- Selected by the Office of Environment and Heritage (NSW State Government) as the technical advisor to the Home Energy Action program, rolling out integrated energy solutions to the Community Housing Sector.
- Initiated, led and delivered Victoria's first detailed bottom up modelling of scenarios, highlighting "off-grid tipping points" for Victoria communities and new housing development.
- Managed the negotiation of Victoria's first Energy Performance Contract in public housing, worth over $12m across 44 high-rise housing buildings.
- Delivered Australia's first, crowd-funded solar and battery storage system, powering the community arts sector with Footscray Community Arts Centre.
Want to learn more? You can download our annual report on the left, or message us on the right